Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Linggo, Hulyo 25, 2010

Elpis


Elpis*
by Reya Bato
25th July 2010
3:55 pm


Elpis rose and took a peep
when he saw me roused from
my sleep, he tagged along
when I left my bed and spied
as I toasted my bread, he took
a seat as I read the broadsheet,
and drove with me to the office,
he trailed along as I accomplished
all my duties and responsibilities,
bumping and scuffing as he went
after my track, whispering wishes,
plans, and dreams, offering positive
thinking or prolonging my suffering.
As the day progressed, he was sorely
wounded. The condition remained
unchanged, the universe did not
conspire to acquire the heart's
desire. At the end of the day,
Elpis passed away. Tomorrow,
he would revive again with promises
to rejuvenate my wishes or lies
to conceal the truth that I despise.


*Elpis personifies hope in Greek mythology.

1 komento:

  1. Maraming salamat sa iyong pagpapahintulot kaugnay noong pagsasalin.

    Gayundin sa iyong mga komento at pag-aabala kaugnay ng aking akdang "Ang Alamat". Lamang humihingi ako ng paumanhin kung di ko man ito maipaskel. May mga pagkakataon talagang sinasagila ako ng ganitong di inaasahang pagkamahiyain, haha.

    Anu't anuman, salamat muli, kaibigang Reya.

    TumugonBurahin